Canada’s Global Talent Stream Includes Five More Eligible Occupations to Program
As Canada continues to face high labor shortages and a growing retiree population in a post-COVID world, the country has identified hat immigration as a means of meeting in-demand labor needs.
The Global Talent Stream has been expanded by ESDC to include a wider range of eligible engineering positions.
December 22, 2022, the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) expanded the list of eligible occupations in the Global Talent Stream (GTS).
What are the 5 occupations added to GTS?
The number of eligible occupations has increased from 12 to 17 with the addition of five engineering positions.
- Civil Engineers (NOC code 21300);
- Electrical and electronics engineer (NOC code 21310);
- Mining engineers (NOC code 21330);
- Aerospace engineers (NOC code 21390); and
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers, NOC code 21311).